There are a lot of possible reasons for why the plugin can't or won't connect to your account. Let's start with the basics and move our way up from there.
1. Double check your email address and password are correct.
2. Reset the connection.
Restart PowerPoint and if you are able to open the Express plugin but you cannot download any of your designs, click on Settings near the top right of the window and then click 'Update Status' to refresh the details shown. If that still doesn't work, click Logoff at the top right and then reopen the Express plugin and fill in the Email Address and Password and click Login.
3. Check the length of your password.
The Express plugin has a maximum limit of 13 characters for the password. The web site will allow much longer passwords. You will need to log into your account with the link above and change the password to be less than 13 characters long.
4. 'Use a proxy server to connect' is checked but you don't use a proxy server.
to fix this, follow these steps to go into the registry and reset the express plugin.
1. close PowerPoint.
2. click on the start menu and click on the cortana bar. Type Regedit and hit Enter.
(if you don't have cortana, you can click on start menu and do a search for "regedit" and it should start up.
3. when Registry Editor starts up, on the left tree column, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER. under that, expand SOFTWARE.
4. Under that you will see a folder named "PresPro". Right click on it and delete it. Do not delete the folder named "PresentationPRO". only delete "PresPro"
5. close the registry editor and then start PowerPoint.
6. The signin form for Express plugin will load automatically. fill in the Email and password fields only.
7. Immediately under the password field is an option for Proxy settings. it should be completely empty. Click once on the Proxy Settings check box to put a check in it. Then click once on it again to blank it out. This time, all the fields below it should disappear. Now Proxy settings should be completely disabled.
8. Click "Login" at the bottom. and you should now be able to use the plugin.
You do NOT need to check the box immediately under Password unless you are certain that you use a proxy server to connect to the Internet. You can also get to the connection properties in the Express plugin by clicking on Settings near the top right corner of the plugin.
5. Is a firewall blocking the connection.
Try temporarily disabling your firewall and then launch PowerPoint and try to open the Express plugin to see if you are able to connect and apply a design. If it does work, you will need to go through your firewall settings to allow PowerPoint or PresentationPro Express to connect.
At this point, the issue needs to be addressed by one of our support technicians. Open a new support ticket so that we can help. try the remaining steps and include the information when opening the support ticket. Also, please include the Windows and PowerPoint versions that you have running to save time as well as if it is 32bit or 64bit.
6. Try connecting to a different account.
Try logging in with the following test user information
Password = betatest
In rare cases, customers are not able to connect to an account through the express plugin, but setting up a new account has worked. If this account works, Please let us know so that we can quickly get your order information migrated to a new account.
7. Test the connection in a web browser.
First, verify that you can log into our site by going to www.presentationpro.com/account.aspx
if you get into your account, then the username/password verification for the server is working for your account.
Next, use a web browser (it doesn’t matter which one) and put the following link in the address bar
(to test your account, you need to replace the email and password with yours)
You should get a blank white page with a “valid=1” message if everything works.
If you get valid=0, either the email/password combination is wrong or something isn’t working correctly.
8. Send the log file created by the plugin to support.
At this point, our support staff needs to help further diagnose the issue. There should be a file ‘Log.txt’ in the working folder for the plugin at C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/PresPro/.