The Express plugin may not be able to establish a connection.
The Express plugin may be attempting to use a Proxy Server to connect even if there isn't one.
To fix this, first try to reset the Proxy server setting in the tool. if that doesn't work, you will need to manually delete a registry key for the express plugin so it will be forced to sign in again and then change the settings.
Reset the Proxy setting
1. Go into the Settings screen and uncheck the option “Use a proxy server to connect”
2. Click the Logoff link at the top right of the form
3. Close PowerPoint and then reopen it.
4. Go to the PresentationPro tab and click Search Designs to open the Express plugin.
5. Here’s the trick that fixes it…On the Welcome screen, fill in your email address and password. Then you need to check and then uncheck the proxy option. Put a check next to “Use a proxy server to connect” and then click it again to remove the check. The rest of the fields underneath should disappear.
6. Click login at the bottom. Now go to the settings screen again and the “use proxy server to connect” should be unchecked.
If resetting the Proxy setting didn't work, follow these steps to force it to reset in the registry.
1. close PowerPoint.
2. click on the start menu and click on the cortana bar. Type Regedit and hit Enter.
(if you don't have cortana, you can click on start menu and do a search for "regedit" and it should start up.
3. when Registry Editor starts up, on the left tree column, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER. under that, expand SOFTWARE.
4. Under that you will see a folder named "PresPro". Right click on it and delete it. Do not delete the folder named "PresentationPRO". only delete "PresPro"
5. close the registry editor and then start PowerPoint.
6. The signin form for Express plugin will load automatically. fill in the Email and password fields only.
7. Immediately under the password field is an option for Proxy settings. it should be completely empty. Click once on the Proxy Settings check box to put a check in it. Then click once on it again to blank it out. This time, all the fields below it should disappear. Now Proxy settings should be completely disabled.
8. Click "Login" at the bottom. and you should now be able to use the plugin.
1. If you are using a VPN, temporarily disconnect from it and open PowerPoint to see if that resolves the connection.
2. If you have a firewall enabled, temporarily disable the firewall and open PowerPoint to see if that resolves the connection.
- if this fixes the issue, you can go through the specific applications that are blocked by your firewall and allow PowerPoint and PresentationPro Express.