There is a known bug in the Proxy settings that sometimes causes this to occur. In the Express plugin, click the Settings link near the top right of the plugin and see if "Use a proxy server to connect" is checked. If it is, follow the steps listed below to fix the issue.
- Go into the Settings screen and uncheck the option “Use a proxy server to connect”
- Click the Logoff link at the top right of the form
- Close PowerPoint and then reopen it.
- Go to the PresentationPro tab and click Search Designs to open the Express plugin.
- Here’s the trick that fixes it…On the Welcome screen, fill in your email address and password. Then you need to check and then uncheck the proxy option. Put a check next to “Use a proxy server to connect” and then click it again to remove the check. The rest of the fields underneath should disappear.
- Click login at the bottom. Now go to the settings screen again and the “use proxy server to connect” should be unchecked.
If you cannot click on the settings link in Express Plugin, follow these steps.
For some users, the plugin will hang up on a downloading window when you start up PowerPoint. In this case, you will need to delete a registry key to force the plugin to sign in again.
1. close PowerPoint.
2. click on the start menu and click on the cortana bar. Type Regedit and hit Enter.
(if you don't have cortana, you can click on start menu and do a search for "regedit" and it should start up.
3. when Registry Editor starts up, on the left tree column, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER. under that, expand SOFTWARE.
4. Under that you will see a folder named "PresPro". Right click on it and delete it. Do not delete the folder named "PresentationPRO". only delete "PresPro"
5. close the registry editor and then start PowerPoint.
6. The signin form for Express plugin will load automatically. fill in the Email and password fields only.
7. Immediately under the password field is an option for Proxy settings. it should be completely empty. Click once on the Proxy Settings check box to put a check in it. Then click once on it again to blank it out. This time, all the fields below it should disappear. Now Proxy settings should be completely disabled.
8. Click "Login" at the bottom. and you should now be able to use the plugin.