Sometimes, the proxy server settings will look like they are not checked but express is still trying to use them.
If you cannot click on the settings link in Express Plugin, follow these steps.
For some users, the plugin will hang up on a downloading window when you start up PowerPoint. In this case, you will need to delete a registry key to force the plugin to sign in again.
Editing the Windows Registry can be dangerous!
If you are not comfortable editing the registry, contact your IT department or if you don't have one, get one of our support members to assist you with the following steps.
1. close PowerPoint.
2. click on the start menu and click on the cortana bar. Type Regedit and hit Enter.
(if you don't have cortana, you can click on start menu and do a search for "regedit" and it should start up.
3. when Registry Editor starts up, on the left tree column, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER. under that, expand SOFTWARE.
4. Under that you will see a folder named "PresPro". Right click on it and delete it. Do not delete the folder named "PresentationPRO". only delete "PresPro"
5. close the registry editor and then start PowerPoint.
6. The signin form for Express plugin will load automatically. fill in the Email and password fields only.
7. Immediately under the password field is an option for Proxy settings. it should be completely empty. Click once on the Proxy Settings check box to put a check in it. Then click once on it again to blank it out. This time, all the fields below it should disappear. Now Proxy settings should be completely disabled.
8. Click "Login" at the bottom. and you should now be able to use the plugin.