If you log into your computer through a domain account, there are extra steps you or an admin need to take to get the Express PowerPoint ribbon installed for your computer login.
The plugin works fine if you login to a local account but if it is a domain account, in some cases, the installer does not work. Here are the steps to get it installed.
1. Make sure to uninstall the Express plugin from all users on the computer – Local Admin, Domain Admin, Domain User.
2. Sign in to Local Admin account.
3. Install the Express plugin to the Local Admin account.
4. Open PowerPoint to verify that it is working.
5. Sign out of Local Admin account and sign into the domain user account.
7. Navigate to PresProExpress_Setup2.msi. (c:\users\<<Local User>>\AppData\Roaming\PresPro\PresProExpress Plugin 22.214.171.124\install\PresProExpress_setup2.msi)
9. Run the .msi directly. (just double click it, don't 'run as administrator')
10. Select Modify ->install->Next->install
11. There are two UAC prompts for the Express Plugin. Use a Domain Admin to continue through both prompts.
12. While still logged in as the domain user, open PowerPoint to verify it is now working.