By default, QuickTime does not recognize WMV movies. You will need to install a free set of Codecs for QuickTime to recognize the WMV movies.
There is a free plugin built by Flip4Mac available on the Windows.Microsoft.com website that we recommend installing.
- Close PowerPoint.
- Go to the following address in your web browser. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-media-components-quicktime
- click on the button “Free download” under ‘Optimized for high-definition playback’
- click Download under “Windows Media Components for QuickTime”.
- Choose between the first 2 file options for the version you need.
- If you are running Mac OS X 10.7 or newer, then choose the first option (3.2)
- If you are running a previous version of Mac OS X, choose the 2nd option (2.4)
- When the file is finished downloading, double-click on it to run the .dmg
- Now double-click on Flip4Mac WMV.mpkg (this will install the components you need)
- If you are prompted to purchase or upgrade, you do not need to buy anything extra for this to work!
- Reopen PowerPoint
- click on Insert Media, Movie from File
- browse to the movie you downloaded from the Video Super Pack and now you should be able to insert it into your slide.