How to copy just the contents of a slide from a Power Presentation to your PowerPoint file.
When you copy the contents of slides between different presentations, you can keep the styles and colors from the original source presentation or let your existing PowerPoint replace the colors and background with the style you already have set. Here, the Power Presentation is referred to as the 'source' and your existing PowerPoint is the 'destination'.
1. Open the Power Presentation that has the slides you want to use.
2. Go to the slide that has the contents you want to use. Use your mouse to draw a box over the entire slide, highlighting everything on the slide (or single-click anywhere in the slide and use CTRL+A), then use Edit > Copy (CTRL+C).
3. Open your existing PowerPoint presentation. Add a new slide in your presentation where the new stuff will go.
4. Go to Paste Special (it is the down arrow under the Paste button in PowerPoint) and choose the first option under Paste Special "Use Destination Theme".
5. If you want the colors to remain the same from the Power Presentation, use the middle option "keep source formatting".
7. Edit the contents of your new slides.
All of the text is easily replaced with your own.
Charts and graphs use placeholder data. To replace the data in a chart, right-click the chart and choose "Edit Data..." to open an Excel spreadsheet where your data can be entered.
Images often have animations and styles applied to them. To use your own images, right-click an image and choose "Change Picture...". Choose a new image and the style and animation applied will automatically be applied to your new picture.
If you need more slides with a certain layout (for instance, you need to show a few extra slides with graphs), copy a slide with a graph layout and paste in as many new slides as you need.
IF the content doesn't fit on your slide
You may need to copy the entire slide so the slide keeps everything in the same place.
Get Unlimited Access to EVERYTHING!
• starting at only $49
• 1 User
• Over 40,000+ Royalty Free Designs
• One Time Payment
• Unlimited downloads
• Fast & Free Support
• Express PowerPoint add-in
Get UNLIMITED FULL ACCESS to over 40,000+
designs for PowerPoint and build presentations that get noticed!